In a perfect world we would have plenty of time to plan a move over several months, but sometimes you just need things to move faster. If you are about to increase the size of your family or want to accept a great job that´s not commutable, you may just want to sell as soon as possible, so here´s our Top Tips if you Need to Sell Your Home Fast. Hurry! Hurry!
- Ensure you have a signboard, it can increase your chances of selling by up to 60%.
- Speed up negotiations by cutting out the intermediary and deal direct with the buyer/seller by listing with The iProperty Company.
- Arrange or rearrange your mortgage in advance and do plenty of research so that you know what is required.
- Market your property as widely as possible so that you have the best chance of finding a buyer quickly.
- Offer incentives for cash buyers – such as a discount.
- Price your property sensibly, at slightly below market value – this may seem like a nonsense in what is still a sellers´ market, but the property market is beginning to cool and if speed is your priority you may need to compromise.
- Hold an ‘open house’ if you have a bit of interest. It will save time on multiple viewings
- Consider breaking the chain with a short term rental. It will delay the move to your ultimate new home but will put you in a stronger position as both a buyer and seller.
- Make sure that you keep closely in touch with your lawyer and mortgage company to ensure that they have everything they need. Small details can sometimes cause big delays.
- Follow our tips on how to present your home for viewings A clean uncluttered home will appeal to a wider range of buyers.
Good luck selling your home!