Don’t wait for next summer to buy your holiday home – we explain why autumn is a good time to buy.
If you are considering buying a holiday home you might be tempted to look at properties during the busy peak season from May to August, but this is not always a good idea. As summer fades away perhaps you are busy getting the kids back to school or focusing on work? We explain with our top 10 Reasons to Buy a Holiday Home this September.
- Many holiday homes are let through the peak summer season which can make viewings difficult.
- Many holiday home owners put a property up for sale at the end of summer so there is more choice.
- Now is a good time to buy for Brits because of the favourable exchange rates.
- Travel is generally cheaper off-season so you can make more trips for less.
- It is a good idea to view properties out-of-season so you can assess its potential as a year-round location
- Many sellers are more open to price negotiation to avoid the costs of winter maintenance
- Winter is a good time to complete any renovations in preparation for summer as tradesmen are less busy
- Banks, lawyers and other property professionals are less busy in winter so you are likely to receive better, faster service
- If you want to let your property for the following year you have more time to advertise your property for bookings
- There is a great selection of properties abroad with the iProperty Company – buying direct from the owner can save you even more money!
Why not take at a look at some of the great holiday homes on offer now? Some offer great discounts.