Considering Buying or Selling a Holiday Home?
Take a Look at our Survey for the most popular choices.
A recent survey undertaken on behalf of The iProperty Company gives some great insight into what most holiday home buyers are looking for. Here is a quick summary of the results, see our full survey below:
- Most would buy a coastal property, with warmer weather and the countryside also being popular choices
- The South West was the most popular region
- Most people responded that they would at least consider retiring to a holiday home
- Less than 12% said that a previous holiday in the UK was a persuasive factor
- Less than 12% said they would visit a second home 10 times a year or more
- Over 60% said they would visit 2-5 times per year. The average number of visits estimated was 4.43
1. What would attract you to a location if you were looking to buy a holiday home there?
|If it was on the coast||55.85%|
|Hotter in the summer||37.15%|
|If it was in the countryside||30.80%|
|Nearer to family||17.30%|
|Close to shops||24.30%|
|Close to lots of attractions||19.70%|
|Safe places for children to play||24.90%|
|It’s in a city centre||4.60%|
|Cheaper to run||20.25%|
|Good public transport||19.80%|
2. Which of the following regions would you most like to buy a property in? (tick up to three)
|Yorkshire and the Humber||11.75%|
|None in particular||13.00%|
3. Would you buy a holiday home with the view to retire there in the future?
4. Has a recent holiday within the UK made it more or less likely that you will buy a holiday home in the UK?
|N/A- I’ve never been on a UK holiday||8.30%|
5. If you were to buy a holiday home, how many times a year do you think you’d go to visit? (approximately)